Panacea Animal Wellness Sanctuary is a 501(c)(3) non-profit animal welfare organization.
Panacea Animal Wellness Sanctuary (PAWSaz) exists to create a community in which there is no unnecessary animal euthanasia.
Panacea Animal Wellness Sanctuary (Panacea) was founded in 2009 by Dr. Eva DeCozio-Bush (Veterinarian, Board Chair and Medical Director) and serves the Valley of the Sun (Phoenix and surrounding areas). Panacea’s vision is accomplished each day through:
- Creating an adoption center accessible to the public which is comfortable for both adoptable pets and potential adopters (unlike the kennel environment of a county facility)
- Delivering a unique pet therapy program to local retirement homes;
- Providing medical assistance to animals at risk;
- Facilitating placement and adoption of animals in need with individuals and families committed to providing forever homes;
- Supporting pet food bank services;
- Actively engaging media outlets to increase public awareness of animal-specific issues which can lead to unnecessary animal euthanasia;
- Providing education to policymakers, lawmakers, and the public on animal rights, animal welfare, and animal wellness;
- Collaborating with public and private entities (individuals, foundations, corporations, and others) to raise funds to offset the costs associated with caring for and supporting animals in need; and,
- Building a sanctuary/safe haven for domestic animals at risk of homelessness or euthanasia.
The vision encompasses providing a roof over the head of and medical assistance to homeless animals, as well as by keeping the pets in the homes of those who cannot afford to feed or provide for proper medical care.
Our goal is to have a large sanctuary, with different structures for the different needs of the animals (such as the senior canines, the younger, disabled dogs, the cats with FELV/FIV, birds, farm animals and horses).